A new vehicle must be registered with the Village within 30 days of purchase. Residents will need to provide the year, make, model, color and license plate for the new vehicle. If the new vehicle is replacing a vehicle which already has a valid sticker, a transfer is completed and a new sticker is issued for a $5 transfer fee.
If the car is an addition to the household, the regular $90 fee applies. Vehicle sticker transfers may now be completed online.
Show All Answers
A vehicle sticker is required for every vehicle housed in or registered to the Village of Riverside. We will need the make, model, color, year and license plate for the vehicle. You will also need to provide your name, address and phone number. The cost of a sticker follows:
- Auto and RV’s: $90
- Motorcycles: $90
- Trucks under 8,000 pounds: $100
- Trucks over 8,000 pounds: $120
Vehicle Stickers are available online.
Late fees are incurred at a rate of $10 per month for stickers not renewed by June 30.
Vehicle stickers are valid from July 1st through June 30th of the following year. All vehicles that are housed in or registered to Riverside must have a vehicle sticker, even antiques. New vehicle stickers are required to be purchased and placed on a vehicle within 30 days of the purchase of a new vehicle, or within 30 days of moving into the Village.
Residents are responsible for the purchase of an annual vehicle sticker for each vehicle, even if they have not received a renewal application. Failure to purchase the required vehicle sticker before the deadline may result in late fees at a rate of $10 per month. The cost of the sticker is halved after January 1 for new vehicles purchased after that date. Proof may be required to establish move-in date, such as a lease or purchase date.
The Village accepts checks, Discover, Mastercard or VISA. When the Village Office is open to the public, cash payments are also accepted. Payment via check can be mailed via US Mail or placed in the silver drop box outside of the Township Hall.
Sticker/tag purchases can be made several ways:
- Quick and easy online purchases are now available!
- Bring in the renewal form and payment to the Village Office, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic may impact this option. Please call the office at 708-447-2700 before coming in.
- Drop off the renewal form with payment in the silver drop box located outside of the Township Hall (stickers will be mailed to you)
- Mail in the renewal form with payment (stickers will be mailed to you)