Yard waste collection will begin on Thursday, April 6 and go through the end of November. Compost will be available for pick-up at the Public Works building, 3860 Columbus Blvd, after April 4.
Please note the following guidelines for yard waste pick-up provided by Flood Brothers:
- Yard waste consists of grass clippings, leaves, small shrubbery trimmings and plant materials such as weeds, unwanted plants and roots.
- Please make sure material is free from dirt.
- Do not mix yard waste with refuse or recycling; each is collected separately and transported to a different facility.
- Grass clippings, leaves and plant material must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or a refuse can with two handles, no larger than thirty-five (35) gallons. If a can is used, it must be clearly marked “Yard Waste” and placed so the collection driver can see it from the street.
- The maximum weight of bags and cans is fifty (50) pounds.
- Branches must be cut into four (4) foot lengths and bundled. Bundles must not be larger than two (2) feet in diameter.
- Bushes cannot weigh more than fifty (50) pounds and cannot be longer than four (4) feet or wider than two (2) feet in diameter.
For additional information on yard waste pick-up: https://floodbrothersdisposal.com/village-of-riverside-residential-services/village-of-riverside-residential-services.