News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/27/2022 11:13:00 AM to 10/27/2022 11:36:29 AM.

News Flash

Trending in Riverside

Posted on: April 8, 2022

[ARCHIVED] Special Event Application & Forms

special event

Special Events

In order to hold various special events in Riverside, a Special Event Application Packet is required along with a $10 application fee. 

Block Parties

In order to hold a block party, a Block Party Application must be filled out and submitted to the Village 10 days in advance along with payment of the $10 fee. The submitted application must include the signatures of at least 50% of the residents on the block.

Temporary Food Service

Any event where food will be served must also submit a Temporary Food Service Application and required documentation to Village Sanitarian Lynn Hoette, with a copy to Village Clerk Ethan Sowl, at least 7 days prior to the event.


Any event where alcohol will be served requires a Daily Liquor Permit from the Village. Please submit a check for $75 payable to the Village of Riverside along with a current certificate of insurance showing evidence of liquor liability coverage (listing the Village as additionally insured) along with your application.

Current liquor license holders (retailers) within the Village approved to be present at any special event(s) off their premises are responsible for obtaining an Illinois Special Use Permit Liquor License after the Village issues a Daily Liquor Permit.

Educational, fraternal, political, civic, religious or non-profit organizations looking to have liquor at their event are responsible for obtaining a Illinois Special Event Retailer's Liquor License after the Village issues a Daily Liquor Permit.


If your event will include a raffle, a Raffle License must be obtained. Please fill out and submit the Raffle License Application 30 days prior to selling any raffle tickets. Other required items for the raffle license are listed in the application.

Scout Cabin and Park Rentals

In order to rent out the Scout Cabin or Village Parks, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 708-442-7025 for more details. Parks are available for rental in 2 hour time slots Monday through Saturday.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Trending in Riverside