The safest way to celebrate the new year is to celebrate at home with the people who live with you or virtually with friends and family. If you’re celebrating New Year’s with people outside your household, make sure you take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) apart.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Get a flu shot as soon as possible.
Consider other activities to celebrate New Year’s, such as:
- Have virtual celebrations with loved ones.
- Plan a New Year’s party for the people who live with you.
- Plan a neighborhood countdown to midnight.
- Watch a livestreamed firework display, concert, First Night event, or other New Year’s programming from your home.