As patrons, we can all do our part to help our restaurants as they navigate the regulations of the newly available outdoor dining. The following are based on the Center for Disease Control and the Illinois Phase 3 Restaurant and Bar Reopening guidelines.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- If possible, call ahead to reserve your table. If you have to wait for your table, please wait in your car or well away from the dining area.
- Limit of six persons per table, including children.
- Wash your hands before leaving home.
- Wear a facial covering over your nose and mouth whenever you are not seated.
- Except for your dining party, please maintain physical distancing of six feet and do not visit other tables.
- If you use the restroom, please wash your hands and then use a disposable towel to open the door when leaving. Follow restroom routes identified by management.
- Remember that servers can only provide disposable condiments; they cannot bring salt and pepper shakers, a bottle of ketchup, etc.
- Be patient. Servers are working under strict protocols to keep you safe and that is going to mean extra time.
- Be considerate of others and limit conversation to your table. Remember that COVID-19 is spread primarily through moisture droplets, so the louder you talk the more droplets you emit.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed in or near outdoor dining areas.