The Village of Riverside continues to receive updates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Illinois Department of Public Health, Governor Pritzker’s Office and Cook County Department of Public Health. The health and safety of our residents are paramount.
Please note that polling places will be open on Tuesday, however, early voting is recommended. Residents may early vote at Berwyn City Hall, Brookfield Village Hall or Stickney-Forestview Public Library. Please visit the Cook County Clerk’s website for complete details.
Locally, the Village is working to ensure Village services are uninterrupted; however, we ask residents that, when possible, please conduct Village business by phone or online via: payment portal, email and Riverside Responds. We ask our residents to do the following to reduce and contain the spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus):
- Reduce social interaction; the purpose of cancelling school and special events is to reduce social interaction for a period of time.
- Events should be cancelled or postponed until after May 1st.
- If you have the flu, contact your physician. The Emergency Department resources are being taxed and we want to ensure resources are available for those that are most critical or are part of a vulnerable population.
- Do not engage in activities that would promote the spread of the virus. It is vital to eliminate contamination.
- Please continue your preventative methods such as washing hands properly, use of disinfectant and antibacterial gel as well as cleaning of frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Safety measures were implemented to protect Public Safety personnel and Village staff to ensure delivery of Village services. Please note that in the future, some of the Village offices may need to close to visitors, however, rest assured that the Village will continue to deliver the services that you rely upon. Please note that the volume of ambulance calls within the Village has increased. If possible, please contact your physician if you have the flu or believe you need to be tested, before your condition worsens. The Village wants to ensure the availability of the ambulance and first responders for the most critical patients.
The key to containment of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) is reducing social interaction. We ask for your patience during this time as Village resources will be strained and over-extended.
Thank you for your help. We appreciate the concerned and caring community that is Riverside. If you have any questions, please contact Fire Chief Matt Buckley at 708-447-2123 or email Chief Buckley.