In 1856, Mueller’s Brewery opened for business and began supplying beer to local taverns. Their crews delivered the beer by horse-drawn wagon. The brewery was located just north of Ogden Avenue and east of the Des Plaines River. The brewery burned down in 1873, but its ruins survived and became a magnet for children to play in, running through passages and caves. In the early 1900s, the ruins were demolished after a wall collapsed and killed a 13-year-old boy. Nothing was rebuilt on the site. Today it is a wooded area on Ogden Avenue between Miller Road and the river.