- Boards & Commissions
- Landscape Advisory Commission
- Homeowner Resources
- Resident Quick Reference Guide to Landscaping-(NEW) Living in a National Historic Landmark Landscape Village
This guide helps residents understand how they can help manage and protect the unique landscape of our historic landmark village.
- Homeowner Guide- Landscaping in the Landmark Village of Riverside
This guide helps residents consider design and use of plants in their own yards, as well as special considerations for the public lands in Riverside.
- Master Landscape Plan -The Plan offers guidelines on how best to steward our public land in the present day, and the present condition of public lands is reviewed against the guidelines.
- Landscaping Video - Design for the Ages - Landscape design principles and ideas for Riverside.
- Public Tree Map - Enter and address to view the public trees in the parkway or parks and see names, diameters, characteristics, environmental benefits and photos.
- ArbNet Accreditation - In September 2015, the Village of Riverside was certified as an arboretum for its unique tree plantings, and for its stewardship of the landscape.
- iNaturalist – View identifications of plants and animals in Riverside and worldwide. Also upload your own photos any time of the year to have experts identify your specimen.
Nature by Design Games – The Commission recently donated educational backpacks with games and activities teaching planned community design, garden design, and natural areas exploration to the Riverside Public Library. Nature by Design Games make the perfect rainy-day activity. The backpacks will be available for checkout at the Library. Funding was provided by a ComEd Green Grant and Openlands.
Nature Viewer at the Riverside Public Library - Located in the "Friends of the Library Terrace", the viewer allows for up close sightings along the river. Scan the QR code to see photos of the mammals and birds you might see. Thank you to donors for making this possible: Carol and Peter Conboy, Jeff and Jaqueline Miller, Chris and Min Enger, Cathy and Mike Maloney, Lisa and Nick Lambros.