Special Events

Riverside is home to many special events through out the year. Some are hosted by the Parks and Recreation department and others are hosted by local groups and organizations using our parks and other Village properties. In order to hold various special events in Riverside, a Special Event Application Packet is required along with a $10 application fee. Applications should be submitted 30 days in advance of the event.

Winter Displays

Applicants looking to place a display on public land from December 1st through January 14th may do so by indicating as such on the Special Event Application. Reference should be made to the Village's Winter Displays Policy before applying.

Block PartiesConcert in the park

In order to hold a block party, a Block Party Application must be filled out and submitted to the Village 10 days in advance along with payment of the $10 fee. The submitted application must include the signatures of at least 50% of the residents on the block.

Temporary Food Service

Any event where food will be served must also submit a Temporary Food Service Application and required documentation to Village Clerk Ethan Sowl, at least 7 days prior to the event. The application will be reviewed by the Village Health Inspector.


Any event where alcohol will be served requires a Daily Liquor Permit from the Village. The permit cost is $75 with payment made payable to the Village of Riverside along with a current certificate of insurance. If liquor will be sold as a business during the event, liquor liability insurance coverage is adequate. If alcohol is simply being served, Host Liquor coverage is adequate.

Optional (at your own risk)

Current liquor license holders (retailers) within the Village approved to be present at any special event(s) off premises are responsible for obtaining an Illinois Special Use Permit Liquor License after the Village issues a Daily Liquor Permit.

Educational, fraternal, political, civic, religious or non-profit organizations looking to have liquor at their event are responsible for obtaining a Illinois Special Event Retailer's Liquor License after the Village issues a Daily Liquor Permit.

These are Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) requirements and the Village is not responsible for failure to obtain such permit(s).


If your event will include a raffle, a Raffle License must be obtained. Please fill out and submit the Raffle License Application 30 days prior to selling any raffle tickets. Other required items for the raffle license are listed in the application.

Scout Cabin and Park Rentals

In order to rent out the Scout Cabin or Village Parks, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 708-442-7025 for more details. Parks are available for rental in 2 hour time slots Monday through Saturda