Testing occurs every 2 years or as a list is exhausted. Our current list was published on November 6, 2020. Applicants must be of good moral character, of temperate habits, sound health and physically able to perform the duties of the position for which they apply. The burden of establishing these qualifications rests upon the applicant. The applicant furnishes, along with an application:
- A copy of Military Service Record
- Discharge Papers
- Social Security card
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. Certificate
- College/University Degree
- If requested, a copy of a certified transcript of course work from an accredited College/University
- Get a Law Enforcement internship through a college or university.
- Get part time employment with a Police Department, perhaps as a community service officer, communications dispatcher or records clerk.
Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Riverside, Illinois
November 6, 2020
FINAL Register of Persons Eligible for Appointment
to the Rank of PATROL OFFICER in the Riverside Police Department
The following persons have been deemed qualified and eligible for appointment on the basis of ascertained merit, in the following order of relative excellence, as determined by examination and as adjusted by having received those credits required by law to be given to candidates pursuant to 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-8 and 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-9 (a):
|Cassius M. Williams, Jr.
Posted this 6th Day of November 2020, remaining posted for a total of two years to 6th November 2022
By order of the Police and Fire Commission of the Village of Riverside, Illinois
Daniel Durkin, Secretary, Riverside, IL
Board of Police and Fire Commissioners