Summer Camp at Riverside Parks & Recreation
Riverside Parks & Recreation is back for another Summer of fun! With options for children from 3 years old through 9th grade, we are sure that we offer the perfect Summer Camp option for your child(ren). All of our Riverside Parks & Recreation Summer Camp's will offer engaging opportunities for your child(ren) to interact with other children their age, participate in fun and age appropriate games, and themed activities each day. At each camp, time will likely be spent both outdoors and indoors each day. Our staff is greatly looking forward to another incredible Summer Camp season here in Riverside!
Registration will begin at 7:30 AM, February 1st for returning campers, and begin at 7:30 AM on February 8th for New Campers. Registration will be available both online and at our office located at 43 E. Quincy St. A $15 deposit per week per child is required. For more information on the online registration process or to locate any of the necessary forms, please click the tab to the left of which camp(s) you're interested in and locate the Forms at the bottom of the page.
Summer Camp Registration
Returning Camper registration begins on Wednesday, February 1st at 7:30 AM. On Wednesday, February 1st, we will offer extended office hours from 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM. On Thursday, February 2nd, we will offer extended office hours from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
New Camper Registration begins on Wednesday, February 8th at 7:30 AM. On Wednesday, February 8th, we will offer extended office hours from 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM. On Thursday, February 9th, we will offer extended office hours from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
Our Parent Information Night will be held prior to the first week of Summer Camp, likely sometime in May. More information about the date, time, and location of our Parent Night will be sent out at a later date.
Camp Philosophy and Goals
The Riverside Parks & Recreation Department Day Camps are designed to keep campers active, entertained, and socially involved through a variety of activities within a safe and supervised camp setting. All of our carefully planned activities are implemented with the following goals in mind:
- Encourage children to be social and boost their self-confidence within group settings
- Promote teamwork, sportsmanship, and respect with fellow campers and camp leaders
- Proved a positive and sound environment in which children can learn and play
- Develop skills and knowledge through a variety of activities involving, but not limited to: sports, art, nature and fitness
- How do I enroll my child in camp?
- How do I make payments for summer camp?
- When is the summer camp payment deadline?
- What if I want to withdraw from summer camp?
- When will I find out if I am off of a wait list?
- Does my child need to bring food to camp?
- When are the forms I received after registration due?
- My child takes medication, is this allowed?
- What is the difference between the Office Phone and Site Phone?
- What if I lost the forms I received at registration?